SMAKK Studios is a boutique digital agency based in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. Our studio is looking for a couple good interns to work with us on the execution of client projects. Our office culture is laid-back and fun, but our team is very seriously dedicated to creating leading-edge, highly creative work for our clients.
Why work with us?
We’re lucky to have a truly diverse range of projects and clients we love, meaning there are always new and different projects to challenge our team. We work with clients that are large and small, but never boring. We have an awesome team and office culture, challenging projects and the cutest office dog in Brooklyn.
We design brands for the digital future. We have an integrated approach because we believe that brands are defined by all of the experiences people have with them. Our team uses design and technology to create holistic, cross-channel experiences that build brand awareness and loyalty. We’ve build a team of passionate designers, brand strategists, technology experts, advertising gurus, and marketing mavericks brought together by our uncommon dedication to our crafts. We want to create work that leads our industry and we aren’t afraid to bring the unique, daring and original into the world.
About our Internships
We do a lot, so we expect you to, too. There are no “intern projects” at SMAKK, just real client work. You’ll spend the internship working side-by-side with our creative team getting your hands dirty through all phases of our projects. You’ll be a part of client meetings and working with the SMAKK team developing original brand concepts and then learning how to take concepts through to fruition across websites and digital experiences, branded materials, marketing and ad campaigns. Our best interns have joined us full time once the internship is over, so we’ve got high hopes for you.
Check these boxes:
- You’ve got 3-4 years of an awesome design program under your belt. Either undergrad or grad.
- You’re available late May through the end of August.
- You’re super strong on the basics, history and philosophy behind contemporary graphic design trends and have a demonstrated love of typography, color theory and visual language.
- You’ve got a student portfolio that spans web, marketing & ad campaigns, branding, visual identity design and packaging with work that is professional and daring.
- You know the tools for the job inside and out. Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign are your homies and sometimes you guys hang out with AfterEffects too.
- You’ve worked in a professional design environment before, maybe a past internship or summer job.
- You know how to communicate clearly and professionally in emails and meetings with co-workers, vendors and clients.
- You know how to present yourself professionally and maturely, this includes knowing how to dress for the job, especially when you’re working with clients.
- You’ve got an awesome work ethic and believe no detail is too small to get right. Whether you were a rockstar at your last internship or were the best waitress your hometown Applebee’s has ever seen: people are still talking about how much you put into the job.
Oh, did we mention the benefits?
- Chang-ching: a monthly stipend for your services.
- The credit you deserve: we’ll work with your school to make sure you qualify for your school’s internship credit program.
- Ride in style: an unlimited monthly Metrocard.
- Snacks and drinks: you want ‘em, we got ‘em.
- Our Chief Canine Officer rates our “bring your dog to work” policy two-paws up.
If this sounds like you, please email email@example.com with the subject line: “Design Internship” Include a brief email about yourself & experience, resume, and link to a portfolio as well as any live examples of past work.