Art Director / Senior Designer
SMAKK Studios is a 14-person creative agency based in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. Our studio is looking for an Art Director / Senior Designer to add to our growing team on execution of client projects. Our office culture is laid-back and fun, but our team is very seriously dedicated to creating leading-edge, highly creative work for our clients.
Why work with us?
We’re lucky to have a truly diverse range of projects and clients we love, meaning there are always new and different projects to challenge our team. We work with clients that are large and small, but never boring. We have an awesome team and office culture, challenging projects and the cutest office dog in Brooklyn.
We design brands for the digital future. We have an integrated approach because we believe that brands are defined by all of the experiences people have with them. Our team uses design and technology to create holistic, cross-channel experiences that build brand awareness and loyalty. We’ve build a team of passionate designers, brand strategists, technology experts, advertising gurus, and marketing mavericks brought together by our uncommon dedication to our crafts. We want to create work that leads our industry and we aren’t afraid to bring the unique, daring and original into the world.
We do a lot, so we expect you to, too. If you’re right for this position you love working on all phases of projects: from crafting the big idea to getting your hands dirty in executions. You’ll work closely with clients and the SMAKK team to develop original brand concepts then use your passion for details to see concepts through to final applications across websites and digital experiences, branded materials, marketing and ad campaigns. You should be ready to leverage new digital opportunities, but also have a super solid understanding of the basics of traditional graphic design and branding. Be daring and ready to put in the hard work to make great ideas happen.
Check these boxes
- At least 5 years of industry experience designing for web, brands, marketing and ad campaigns with a diverse portfolio to show for it. We want to see amazing work that illustrates hands-on execution of big concepts across multiple mediums.
- Highly conceptual thinking in branding, campaign development and visual design for B2C brands.
- An incredibly strong grasp of the basics, history and philosophy behind contemporary graphic design trends: a love of typography, color theory and visual language.
- A strong background in interactive and digital design. A solid understanding of designing intuitive site functionality, interaction, site architecture, user interfaces, and navigation. You must know what it takes to design for the web, and show fluency in best practices for UX/UI design, evolving standards for ecommerce, responsive and lightweight executions.
- Experience creating stunning visual identities and brand guidelines aligned with strategic goals and positioning concepts.
- Concepting and art direction experience for events, advertising and video. You should be well-versed in concepting wild creative ideas that are doable in given budgets, then directing and collaborating with a producers/project managers/photographers and whoever else it might take to execute on your creative vision.
- Experience working collaboratively with all levels of strategists, designers, developers and copywriters including the ability to lead and manage junior designers in the execution of projects.
- Experience designing for ecommerce experiences and campaigns is a huge plus.
- Excellent presentation skills. You should be confident communicating with internal teams and be able to get clients excited about your awesome ideas.
- We’re not going to bother listing the technical skills you need… you’re a professional and you’ve mastered the right tools to get the job done.
Oh, did we mention the benefits?
- Snacks and drinks, you like ’em, we got ’em.
- Free healthcare! Now you can finally take up base jumping. What’s the worst that can happen?
- Your workstation. Everyone works a little different, we understand and want to make sure you get the equipment you need.
- Our Chief-Canine-Officer-approved “bring your dog to work” policy.
- but wait, theres more… we won’t bore you with the details of the 401K, vision plan and Metrocard reimbursement policies, but yes, we’ve got those too.
If this sounds like you, please email email@example.com with the subject line: “Art Director” Include a brief email about yourself & experience, resume, and link to a portfolio as well as any live examples of past work.